The Catholic Parish of St Edward the Confessor is committed to helping children achieve good outcomes by providing a safe learning environment that promotes their welfare and helps them to develop socially and emotionally so that they can make the most of their life chances. In line with the Education Act 2002, The Catholic Parish of St Edward the Confessor will ensure that arrangements are in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils by:
• Providing a safe, healthy learning environment.
• Safeguarding their welfare.
• Providing children with opportunities to discuss issues and report problems affecting their safety and welfare.
• Ensuring safe recruitment practices – all catechists and volunteers are DBS checked.
• Raising awareness amongst staff of child protection issues and ensuring staff are equipped to deal with concerns.
• Teaching children to keep themselves safe and ensuring they know who to approach for help.
• Promoting partnership working with parents and professionals.
Free safeguarding training available to all members of the Catholic Community
The National Catholic Safeguarding Commission (NCSC) has worked with Educare to provide an online, interactive E-Learning safeguarding course which is now available to all in the Catholic Church.
If you have a role (voluntary or paid) working with children/adults at risk or have an interest in safeguarding, the online training is a great opportunity to learn how to better protect children/ adults at risk in your care and community.
Some of the modules available include Child Exploitation & Online Safety and Adult Safeguarding. To register please email email@example.com with the following details: full name, parish/order/congregation, and your role e.g. parent, catechist leader.
For more information please ask for a brochure from your safeguarding rep Alvaro Scrivano firstname.lastname@example.org Alvaro is assisted by Elaine Shiel.